Monday, November 8, 2010

I've joked about having an ironing fairy

 
and the Lord has given me an ironing angel!! 

At the end of Sunday's service (Pete's baptism and Timothy's dedication), many people approached us and one lovely lady gave me a note with her phone number, saying she would like to help us with house cleaning &/or ironing!! Pete had mentioned my MS diagnosis in his testimony and this lady tells me she does house cleaning and ironing, free of charge, for those that might need a hand.
I jokingly asked her if she'd seen my ironing pile!! (it's more of a mountain at the moment, than a pile)

So today, I am going to phone her and graciously accept her offer and the Lord's provision.

With MS, I struggle mostly with fatigue and 'head space'... heaps worse than the usual lack of head space one might complain about. The children can ask me something and I need to repeat it back to them a time or two just to process it and figure out what they're asking! Sometimes I sit doing nothing, because I can't even get thought's straight enough to think about what to do next!!! Of all the things I need to manage, ironing is always at the end of the list even though I have a huge awareness that it needs doing. The person at most disadvantage because of this is Pete, so as much as this will be a blessing to me, it will also be to Pete.

God is good!



ETA a PS: I've noticed my 150th post ever, is coming up soon and I've been toying with having a give away as many of my blog friends have done... so keep an eye out... it will be in the 150th post... it's something I love to use daily and is related to cooking, gardening and babies!

.

2 comments:

  1. oh I didn't realise you had MS, very sorry to hear that:( what a blessing that lady is, yes sometimes it's humbling to have to accept other's offers of help isn't it! Glad that yesterday turned out to be a great blessing for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realise you had MS, either. What a lovely providence to have someone offer to help. Also that you can graciously accept the help. God is indeed good and gives us wonderful saints who come along side to help bear our burdens in time of need.

    ReplyDelete