Thursday, January 6, 2011

My Most FAVOURITE Savoury Muffins - Zucchini & Fetta


Add to a bowl
1 large grated zucchini

2tb sour cream
1/2c vegetable oil
2 Eggs

Mix together

Add 1c Milk

Mix together

Add 250g diced danish fetta cheese (1/2cm)
and 3tb toasted pine nuts

Mix together again

Add 2.5 cups of self raising flour

Mix for a final time and scoop into well greased muffins pans.... this recipe just made me 12 regular muffins PLUS one tray of 'Tuppermuffins' which is 7 smaller ones

Bake at about 180 degrees C until starting to brown
Turn out onto cooling tray and allow to cool completely before storing.... so tasty while warm though!!


.

2 comments:

  1. Yum! We are harvesting lot's of zucchini's at the moment, so just might give these a try! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next time I make these I am going to double the zucchini and remove 1/2 cup of flour - as you can see from the photo, there's not a whole lot of zucchini in there.
    The moisture level should be fine when I do this because the above recipe is quite thick and I use smaller zucchini which don't go mushy. I've found that BIG ones aren't so good for baking with because of the higher moisture content.
    Would love to know what you think if you do get around to making them xx

    ReplyDelete