Thursday, November 24, 2011

Organized Simplicity


(I must say that it feels rather odd to be using a 'z' in the word organised!)

I bought this book sight unseen, other than the cover, when someone I asked told me it was a book on their family's wishlist. Having similar values to the family AND it being a book on *organising* it became a *must buy*

Letting you know right away though, that it's not a book I'm done with. Not even through it the first time yet. So my thought's here about the book are by default, incomplete :o)

The books tag line is "The Clutter-Free Approach to Intentional Living"

The book starts out at the "Intentional Living" end of things. It helps you work through perceptions vs realities of needs and wants. With check lists along the way. I LOVE check lists! I LOVE intentional living too - everything is a choice and getting the clutter  of 'doing' down to a minimum has to be just as good as getting the clutter of 'stuff' down to a minimum too, right? For me, that = sanity

The book covers sooo many things, so if there's a chapter you 'know already', there will be another chapter that gets you thinking again over things. The book takes you through efficient folding of sheets, with pictures to match; discusses the rewards of simple living, having a home that embraces little things (little people!) and includes a bunch of great tools like a 10 step plan to decluttering each room of your house, templates for a home management notebook and a few non-toxic recipes for things like toothpaste, deodorant, shampoo and household cleaners.

...and to top all that off, it's a VERY cute book. Pretty colouring, cute size and a hidden spiral that makes using the book nice and easy.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment