Monday, June 18, 2012

A Few of My Favourite Things... (1)


We've been home-schooling since 'the beginning'. This is the 5th year. I wanted one of these pencil sharpeners for a couple of years before I got one and even then I resisted because of the cost - $50 at the time! It's come down a little since then, but still not cheap.

I ended up getting it with birthday money from my mother-in-law... Now, after a few years use, I have NO regrets! Birthday money is great for things like that... items you'd love to have but seem extravagant. NOW though, I'd quite happily buy it from the home ed budget because I've gotten so much great use out of it and it will last for many more years to come.

What have you 'splashed out on' for home schooling and are now so glad you did? Anything that seemed like a good idea at the time and you now really regret?




PS I *think*/*hope* I have removed the word verification from my blog... can someone let me know please? They are getting harder and harder to read! If spam becomes an issue I'd rather just mod all comments than make you fry your brains figuring them out!

4 comments:

  1. Things I got that I'm glad I got:

    1. binder
    2. guilotine
    3. laminator
    4. all the little fiddly stuff

    Things I think I could have gotten by without:

    1. COLOR printer

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is NO word verification anymore. :o) All good~!! Doing a happy dance here. Making a comment today was so much easier. My eyesight isn't what it used to be, and yeah, the verification was getting ridiculous and even including numbers. Thank you for removing it. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My American friend was looking for one of these recently and couldnt believe the price! she managed to get one online for much cheaper apparently. Just thought I'd mention it:)
    word verification, oh yes, I need to check if my blog has it too. It is pretty annoying, better go check lol!

    ReplyDelete